Blade HQ is a full time Internet cutlery business with a brick and mortar store. "HQ" stands for "headquarters" but over time was simply shortened to "HQ." Blade HQ has become one of the online destinations for cutlery and gear. We specialize in high-end LEO, military and collectible folding knives (folding, fixed, custom, assisted, automatic, butterfly- you name it!). Our goal is to have the most incredible selection of "in stock" knives available anywhere while providing outstanding customer service and pricing.Who runs this website?
Blade HQ was founded in 2003 by Cam Hughes. Cam was unhappy with offerings and service from other online vendors and decided to start his own company (and he secretly hoped he could collect some of the knives he was selling). Over the years Blade HQ has added partners (software engineer Jim Brown, avid outdoorsman Nick Silver and financial specialist Marcus O'Conner) and acquired several knife and technology companies. But at the end of the day Blade HQ is run by people with a passion for knives and knife-related gear.What kind of knives do you sell?
Our knife and cutlery selection is vast and varied. We carry folding knives, fixed blade knives, spring assisted knives, automatic knives, butterfly knives, custom knives, multi tools, axes and just about anything that you can think of. We stock products from all major brands including Microtech, Protech, Benchmade, Boker, CRKT, ESEE, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, Emerson, Gerber, Cold Steel, SOG, Spyderco, Piranha, Buck, Chris Reeve, TOPS, and more! We are sure to have something that catches your eye.Do you sell anything else besides knives? Why should I buy a knife from you as opposed to some other seller?
With so many choices available for buying knives this is a great question. Here's our take:
- We really care about our customers and the quality of our service. Without customers we don't exist. We always try to answer your email questions, if there's a problem we'll take care of it and we will never leave you hanging. This is not to say things will always be perfect, but we'll get it right in the end.
- Our store is owned and run my people who really love knives; It's not a turn-key money making machine. When a business is founded on passion it shows.
- We stock the items we sell in our store. We've actually got them sitting right here, ready to ship. When you order we pull them off the shelves and ship them. You don't have to wait, wonder or worry.
- Our prices are competitive, our inventory is massive, our staff is friendly and knowledgeable, we have a physical store (this allows us to be authorized dealers for most of the products we carry).
- Love. Love isn't something you can buy. It's given. And we give it. To you. 'Cause we have it to give. And we love you (yes, you).
What's the quality like on the knives you sell?
This site is dedicated to the cream of the crop. Any items on this site are first rate. Sure, there will be some $25 knives floating around, but we don't believe that something good always has to cost as much as an organ transplant. Remember the old saying though: You get what you pay for. If a knife costs more, it's probably because it's better. Often the only difference between the prices of knives is the cost of the materials. If you have questions about a specific knife just Drop us a line!Can I advertise on your site?
Advertisements make websites gross. So... no. We don't allow advertising.Can I link to your site?
Certainly. And if we think your website will be of interest to our customers (and it isn't in direct competition with us) we'll be happy to link back to you on our links page.What's your favorite knife?
Knife technology has come so far in the last few years and it's become impossible to choose one particular knife. However, think of a beefy titanium folder with an S30V blade, some carbon fiber and a bit of style and you can bet that's at the top of our list.I like your website. What software are you using?
The BladeHQ.com software is a proprietary eCommerce platform acquired and owned by Blade HQ. It's the product of years of blood, sweat, and some crying.